As part of our comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan we have summarized some important information below to prepare you for any upcoming appointments.
Before you arrive for your appointment:
– Inform us if you can answer ‘yes’ to ANY of the following questions:
- Do you have ANY flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal symptoms, etc.)?
- Have you traveled outside of BC within 14 days?
- Have you been told to self-isolate?
- Have you been in direct contact with anyone who has shown the above flu- like symptoms, recently traveled, or was confirmed/suspected to have COVID-19?
- May you have ANY reason to suspect that you may have contracted COVID-19?
– Please be advised that there is a specific group of individuals with pre-existing conditions that are at higher risk being out in public at this time (i.e. going to the grocery store, hardware store, salon, dental office, etc). If these individuals contract the coronavirus, they have an elevated risk of presenting with a severe form of Covid-19. If any of the following pre-existing conditions applies to you, you may choose to postpone your visit:
- Age >70 years
- Serious respiratory disease
- Severe obesity
- Serious heart conditions
- Immune-compromised conditions
- Liver disease
- Chronic kidney disease or those undergoing dialysis
When you arrive for your appointment:
- We ask that you please wait in your vehicle or outside the office and call us to check-in. We will either ask you to come in right away or we will call you back when we are ready to receive you.
- We ask that all patients enter the office alone (unless a companion is absolutely necessary).
When you enter the office:
- Wear a face mask if you have one
- Use hand sanitizer provided immediately upon entering
- Adhere to respiratory etiquette and physical distancing
- You will have your temperature taken
- You will be required to sign our COVID Consent to Treatment form, which will include the above screening questions.
When you finish your appointment:
- Use hand sanitizer again before you leave the office
- Contact us to inform us if you present with flu-like symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 2 weeks following your appointment P
Please contact us at 604-941-0229 should you have any questions or concerns.